The objectives of the project are the following:
- To clarify and develop the conceptual framework of our research;
- To critically analyze the reliability of moral intuitions and propose criteria for soundness;
- To explore whether our evolved moral intuitions can successfully guide our judgment in the radically new conditions brought about by emerging technologies;
- To consider the implications of the findings for the ethical assessment of information, moral enhancement and robotic technologies;
- To critically and closely analyze the results of ethical assessments and merge them in a general ethical framework;
- To make available to the scientific community and other potential stakeholders trustworthy instruments for evaluating why, when and how to follow moral intuitions in assessing transformative technologies.